So I took some time to reflect on my relationships from last year. This list represents the love (and sometimes lackluster love) that I experienced in the form of my family ties, friendships, and more intimate relationships. Ultimately, I realized that I should pay special attention to the ones that were blessings and found some important lessons in the rest. Please take what you need.
1. Sex will not sustain you.
2. A relationship will not complete you either; so be patient and #SlayTheDream
3. The business is better than the boo. Build it. Plan Ahead. Take your time.
4. Be careful. Be discerning. The devil will pray for you, too.
5. Backsliding was never your thing. Don’t start now. Despite his words, there was a reason it didn’t last.
6. Godly love or no love. Create boundaries.
8. Make sure your friends know how to pray for you and with you regularly. Communicate rather than isolate.
9. Are you equally yoked? Has God designed him especially for you?
10. Leadership is having self-control.
11. Let him check on you. If he’s about you, he’ll know that you deserve to be cared for sometimes, too.
12. Don’t forget what you learned.
13. Remember to heed your own advice.
14. Your youth are watching your example.
15. This year has been awesomely designed in your favor. But there is more work to do.
16. Remember God’s grace, mercy, favor rests in your most important relationship.
17. Practice silent confidence; walk the tightrope between humility and humbleness.
18. When you need a break from community organizing, remember this world we live in is not ready for My Joy.
BONUS: Obedience is difficult at times, but will reap more than you can imagine. Believe God.