Today’s intention is to VOTE:
1. bc my life depends on it.
2. bc Sameyah’s life depends on it.
3. bc someone needs to know that they have the right to vote despite their past mistakes.
4. bc if you’ve been convicted of a felony in Illinois AND served your time, you can register to vote and cast your ballot in the very next election (see state law below).
5. bc number 4 should’ve been posted all year long—daily.
6. bc Sankofa won’t allow me not to.
7. bc “in an era when a black woman voting was a laughable suggestion and a deadly proposition, Harriet voted for freedom with her feet. with her limbs. with her life. –Brittany Packnett
8. bc Ms. Owens would be disappointed if I didn’t.
*Illinois state law 10 ILCS 5/3-5: https://bit.ly/2Pfc3Mu